About the Album
The setting of this album – two violins without accompaniment – is no ordinary combination, and the repertoire, though encompassing several style periods from the Baroque to the 21st century, is much smaller than that of a more standard duo such as violin and piano.
When choosing a program for this CD, we were adamant to present works which, rather than using virtuosic violin display as a means to an end, are masterworks in their own right, where the virtuosity of writing is a simple tool used to create breathtaking landscapes and thrilling stories. Three different countries and three different universes, though all three composed within less than half a century – the Sonatas for Two Violins by Serguei Prokofiev, Henryk Górecki and Eugène Ysaÿe show with their incredible variety how exciting a violin duo can be.
- 01 Opus 56 I Andantre cantabile 0:30
- 02 Opus 56 II Allegro 0:30
- 03 Opus 56 III Commodo quasi allegretto 0:30
- 04 Opus 56 IV Allegro con brio 0:30
- 05 Opus 10 I Allegro molto 0:30
- 06 Opus 10 II Adagio sostenuto 0:30
- 07 Opus 10 III Andante con moto 0:30
- 08 I Poco Lento Maestoso Allegro fermo 0:30
- 09 II Allegretto poco lento 0:30
- 10 III Allegro vivo e con fuoco 0:30